Deciding on how much to bill your clients can be a difficult decision.
Both package-based and fixed pricing have so many benefits including reducing client debt, increased profit and the ability to offer more value to clients in the long run.
While this is great, it’s also easier for issues such as ‘scope creep’ to arise or to fall into uncertainty about whether you quoted your client correctly in the first place. If the work turns out to be more than agreed upon, or your client’s needs grow beyond their current package inclusions, then you'll end up doing work that isn't being paid for.
Another important factor to consider when coming to a final solution is to ensure that the outcome is in the best interest of everyone - being your business, yourself and your client. So stop stressing about ‘Scope Creep’ and get on top of your Client Billing Review Process today!
How to avoid Scope Creep
Our Client Billing Scope Review Template & Training provides a guide to assist you in the process including:
- A downloadable spreadsheet complete with conditional formatting to highlight any red-flags in your billing
- A video from Amy, showing you exactly how to use the Client Billing Scope Review Template.
You’ll also learn:
- Everything you need to know when completing a monthly and quarterly review of client fees
- A few tips on how to approach clients when scope creep happens
- What to do if you're making 'too much profit'
How do I communicate to my client that I need to increase their payments?
We know these topics can be hard to approach. That's why we created the perfect email template companion for the Client Billing Review Spreadsheet! You can grab the Bookkeeping Scope Review Email Template here.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.